New Year’s Resolutions

christmas-316448_1280

Well I let the ball drop at the end of last year, and I’m not talking about the crystal ball in New York either. I simply let my blog get away from me and failed to update for over 2 months! I preach to teachers all the time about the ease of keeping up with a simple blog if you just set aside time. We all know in reality though how hard that can be.

So resolution #1 for me in 2015 is to improve my consistency with this blog. I love sharing great ed-tech finds via twitter and social media, and this can be another resource for me to use.

For this update, I wanted to share a resource that isn’t new, but is one I have just started playing with recently.

Make Beliefs Comix

Make Beliefs Comix is a powerful tool and is unbelievably easy to use. No registration required, you simply go to the site and begin creating your comic. Recently, an ELA teacher and I were discussing using Storyboard That for a lesson on plot. When we realized the limitations on the free version for that tool I began searching for other options. That’s when I thought of Comix and began to look at this tool more closely. What I like most is it’s simple interface and ability to print or email with no registration. They have great looking images to use and the ability to re-size and edit is as simple as using a slider.

I also like how they have suggestions for using it in different areas including with Special Needs students. Some great suggestions and resources, all for free. If you haven’t checked it out, I highly recommend it!

Have a great New Year!

comix autism

comix writing tools